Our Sites and Centres
As one of Europe's leading cancer centres we offer
high quality diagnosis, treatments and care for patients, world
class research, and education in aspects of cancer. Every year we
treat more than 40,000 patients.
The Christie at Oldham
Our centres in Oldham enable us to treat patients closer to
The Christie at Salford
Providing specialised neurosurgical techniques for brain
We offer world leading facilities and care to over 40,000
patients a year.
General Points for Patients
If you will be visiting one of our centres as a patient, please
consider the following points:
- Please bring some clothes to wear during the day - but not too
many. You may be up and about and can usually remain dressed.
- Please bring your usual medication.
- Do not bring valuables or large amounts of money as the
hospital cannot accept responsibility for their safety.
- You will always be informed which nurse is looking after you
and may ask them any questions.
- On every shift there is always a nurse in charge (usually a
senior staff nurse) who will also deal with your queries or
- Our wards have dayrooms with books, games, television and
stereos. Mobile phones can be used here.
- Relatives and friends are welcome to telephone the ward on 0161
446 3870/1 with enquiries at any time but only very general
information will be given over the telephone. We do urge people to
choose a representative who can liaise between the ward, family and
friends to minimise the number of calls.