You can refer patients for the following reasons:
- Psychiatric assessments for inpatients and outpatients.
- Patients where a second opinion on Mental Capacity is needed or who require a routine application for Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (An initial assessment on capacity should always be performed by the primary decision maker. This will be the team for medical decisions or a social worker / CDT for decisions regarding social care. If it is still not clear whether the patient has capacity, please refer to psycho oncology for a second opinion)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Psycho-sexual counselling
- Clinical Psychology
- Psycho-Oncology and dementia
We do not accept referrals for Christie clinic patients.
We also do not accept GP referrals directly into our team.