Night of Neon Terms & Conditions
Read the following event terms and conditions before you register
Serotonin is a chemical in the blood and is popularly thought to be a contributor to feelings of well-being and happiness. Approximately 90% of serotonin is produced in the gut with the other 10% produced in the brain. It is broken down in the liver to 5-HIAA.
Somatostatin is a hormone that regulates (control and slows down) several other hormones in the endocrine system. When a patient does not have enough natural somatostatin because of a hormone-producing tumour, a drug called a somatostatin analogue can be prescribed (examples would be octreotide or lanreotide).
Extremely rare NET that usually occurs in the pancreas or parts of the small bowel and may produce extra somatostatin.
About The Christie
We are leading experts in cancer care, research and education. Rated as ‘Outstanding’ by the health regulator, the Care Quality Commission, we have been pioneering cancer research breakthroughs for over 100 years and offer patients access to hundreds of clinical trials. In a global survey we have been ranked as the most technologically advanced cancer centre in the world outside North America.